Tuesday, June 1, 2010



i got to bed last night at a reasonable hour (1am) knowing that i had to get up at 8am for a meeting at 8:30. but instead of sleeping like a normal person i rolled back and forth from my left side to my right as my mind raced from thoughts of bicycles to thrift store shopping. every hour i would turn on the light and read some of my book hoping that it would calm me down or at least make my eyes tired. after a little reading i would attempt sleep again, but without success. at 6:30 i considered just getting out of bed and starting my day. the sun was already up, and i could here the sounds from the street of people starting there day, riding a motorbike to work, setting up there stalls on the street, and hammering away at construction sites. i could get up now and it would give me the opportunity to get some breakfast before the meeting, and besides, how was an hour and a half more of lying in bed gonna help me anyways. inevitably as i considered this i finally drifted of to sleep. and of course my alarm went off, shortly there after, telling me it was time to get up and go meet with the head of the school about the curriculum for my new class. i got to the meeting on time (exhausted and looking like shit) only to find out that the appointment was actually for 9:30 and since she was running a little behind this morning it would be pushed back to 10. just my luck, i had been hoping to be back in bed by 10. oh well, just like an old pool hustler in NYC once told me "some days you get the chicken, some days you get the feathers." today all i got was feathers. at least i stopped on the way back home and got a nice breakfast. now im going to further throw off my internal clock by going to sleep at noon.

1 comment:

  1. get on the road with your bike colin that helps i guess :-)

    ReplyDelete